Wow, I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is one Thursday. My how the year as flown by. It is still hard to believe that I have only been at my new job for just over 6 months but it feels like home. And that is wonderful. There have been so many changes this year, but I’m sure there will be plenty more in 2011 as well.
So has the year is drawing ever so closely to an end. I thought is was time that I actually start using this blog for its intended purpose, posting pictures about everyday life, including books I’m reading, what my puppy is doing, craft projects I have completed, and so on. I have had a book blog for a few years now but want to keep that one about books so I can refer patrons from work there. So this one I want to be able to share things outside from work and allow myself to share my picture with more than just me, my hubby, and family.
So Goals for 2011
1. Take at least one picture a day. The subject can be anything, I would like to chronicle my daily life and see how it changes over the year.
2. Post about craft projects I am working on and progress. This will be easier once we get a house and I can have my own space for computer and sewing/crafting supplies.
3. Purchase our first home. Since relocating for my job, we have been renting a nice 2 bedroom apartment, but with a black lab puppy we are maxed out on space and would like to add kids to the mix in the near future. So purchasing a home before spring is over (summer is crazy work-wise for my hubby and myself) and get ourselves settled. This is the one goal I need/have to accomplish this year, I’m so tired of living in an apartment.
4. Continue to eat the majority our meals at home and take leftovers to work. The past few months we have been doing pretty good about this one and I feel better because of it. Plus I think I am finally starting to enjoy this cooking thing (after almost of 3 years of marriage).
5. Payoff the our small credit card debt and one of my student loans. I went back to school to get my Masters in Library Science and had to take out some loans to pay for school, I’m not worrying about those one, I have a little debt left from undergrad and I am determined to get that paid off before the end of the year.
6. Continue to thank God for the many blessings he has given to my family. I can’t believe how lucky I have been in the last 3 years.
Not many goals but those should keep me plenty busy this coming year.